Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Monday, February 26, 2007
How comforting is 'comfort food'?
I wish I have more control over myself when it comes to handling the mad chocolate cravings I always have during PMS. That's one thing I find SO hard to resist (besides pasta). Don't you, girls?
I had one chocolate cupcake late last night, one more this morning for breakfast, one packet of Famous Amos cookies for lunch (yea, I don't feel like eating anything else! I skipped my HL diet alrite - I don't have Dutch Choc in my stock. Now is that a good excuse or what..) and just now, I had 4 slices of bread with thick chocolate spread! Well, it's a wholemeal bread so it's still considered healthy, no?
Anyway, I had my facial appointment last Saturday with my bro (how metrosexual can he get now? ;p) and when my beautician first saw me when I entered the room (the last time I went for my facials was like 2 months ago), she exclaimed,
"Heeee.....along dah kurus banyaaakkkk!!!"
Now THAT is really comforting.
Labels: Random Stuff
Friday, February 23, 2007
Labels: Personal Development
Sunday, February 18, 2007
The powder seems to melt easily onto skin and it gives a translucent coverage with natural, soft-focus finish, which is a plus bcoz it won't make your face looks obviously powdered like any others do (I hate it when that happens). And I love the subtle hint of shimmer it gives. But be careful not to over-dust, or you'll end up looking like the Tin Man of Wizard of Oz.
The slight con is the enclosed brush. Firstly, it's not fluffy (which is what powder brushes are supposed to be). And obviously, it's not a sable type. Secondly, I find it rather tedious to slide it back into the enclosed case without having a few strands of the brush slipping out. Even after 3 attempts of doing so. But that's not really a big problem as I've got my own powder brush to use.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
One of the chapters explain why women nag a lot. And they have identified the 5 basic kind of nags (and their examples), which are:
The Single Subject Nag: "Kurt, how about taking out the trash?" A pause. "Kurt, you said you'd take out the trash." Another five minutes later. "What about the trash, Kurt? It's still sitting there."
The Multi-Nag: "The grass in front of the house looks a mess, Bob, the doorknob is falling off the bedroom door, and the back window is still stuck. When are you going to wash the car and...." etc, etc.
The Beneficial Nag: "Have you taken your pills today, Ray? And stop eating that pizza - it's bad for your cholesterol and weight..."
The Third-Party Nag: "Well, Moira says Shane has already got their BBQ cleaned out and they're having people over tomorrow. Summer will be finished at the rate you're going."
The Advance Nag: "Well, I hope you're going to watch your drink tonight, Dale. We don't want a repeat of last year's fiasco."
So which one is you, ladies? I know I fall in the Beneficial and Advance nagger! hihih.
Bless you, MZ.
Labels: Lovey Dovey
Saturday, February 10, 2007
* Rules: Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following…
* They must be REAL places, names, things…NOTHING made up!
* If you can’t think of anything, skip it.
* Try to use different answers if the person in front of you had the same 1st initial.
* You CAN’T use your name for the boy/girl name question.
Your name: Iza
1. Famous Athlete: I don't know (hey, that starts with an "i" jugak kan)
2. 4 letter word: Idea
3. Street name: (Jalan) Ikhlas, BTR
4. Color: Indigo
5. Gifts/presents: iPod, iPhone
6. Vehicles: Isuzu
7. Tropical Locations: Idaho when it's summer ;p
8. College Majors: Information System Engineering *sheesh*
9. Dairy Products: Ice-creams!
10. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Iguana. The rubber ones, I mean.
11. Boy Name: Izzac
12. Girl Name: Izzy
13. Movie Titles: I Know What You Did Last Summer
14. Alcohol: Isopropyl alcohol. It's a common name for propan-2-ol, a colorless, flammable chemical compound with a strong odor. (I googled for that btw)
15. Occupations: Interior Designer
16. Flowers: Iris
17. Celebrities: Il Divo
18. Magazines: InStyle, InTrend
19. Malaysia Cities: Ipoh
20. Pro Sports Teams: Indianapolis Colts, the Super Bowl Champion for the recent American Football (obviously that is MZ's pro sport team as I don't have any)
21. Something Found in a kitchen: Ikan
22. Reason for Being Late (or dead) : Idling
23. Something You Throw Away: Ikan dah basi?
24. Things You Shout: I don't care!!! (in a hip-hop slang which sounds more like "Ah donk keir")
25. Cartoon Character: Incredibles
26. Tag, you are it !: Imran's wife, Ina and Iva.
Labels: Tagging games
Monday, February 05, 2007
I am decluttering my room. Well, under my bed to be exact. There are boxes of shoes, luggage, bags, dust (and hair!), more shoes in shoe boxes, dead insects (just teeny ones tho) and yet another pair of shoes stashed away. It's a real mess, I'm telling you. And I would really appreciate if you could help me sort out this "mess".
So anyway, here's the part where you could help me:
Since I'm now stepping an inch ahead, my 3-inch heels are.. you know, kind of being "abandoned". I really love 'em but what's the point of keeping something you know you won't/can't wear anymore, right? (plus I'm actually a size 5 foot). So I'm giving some of 'em away to anyone of you who wants 'em bcoz I know they will be in better hands (or rather, feet) instead of being stashed under my bed with dead insects for God-knows-how-long.
Currently, I have 6 pairs to let go - for free (yes, you heard me. FREE). You only need to pay for shipping and handling, which is RM10. All of them are in good condition.
1) VINCCI Peach-colored Slingbacks (taken!)
- Size 6; 4-inch heel; Never worn (yes I know this is not a 3-inch heel, but I just can't bring myself to wear it. Don't ask me why I bought it in the first place; just take it!)
2) ECLIPSE White Pearly Slingbacks (taken!)
- Size 6; 3-inch heel; worn once/twice
3) ECLIPSE Black Suede Heels (taken!)
- Size 6; 3-inch heel; worn not more than 5 times
4) ECLIPSE Pink Slingbacks (taken!)
- Size 6; 3-inch heels; worn not more than 5 times
5) ECLIPSE Black Slingback (taken!)
- Size 6; 3-inch heel; worn once/twice
6) NOSE Pink Suede-like Peep-toes (taken!)
- Size 5; 3-inch heel; worn once/twice (The ankle straps of this shoes are missing, but you can still wear 'em without the straps)
Now to be fair and square, one person can only choose one pair of shoes. First come first serve basis, of course! So hurry, email me at iza[underscore]mirilyea[at]yahoo[dot]com.
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Now I'm tagging Mrs Imran, Kak Anna, Nadia, Julie, Syaz, Maz, Ary, hmm...rata2 yg lain sumer dah di-tag...
Labels: Tagging games