Friday, July 22, 2011

Chocolate covered face

I bet the first thing that comes to your mind when you see these ingredients on my kitchen counter would be,
"Oh, you're making a dessert"
.



Well... yeah. Kinda.

I'm making a dessert for my face. I'm making chocolate mask!
Sounds yummy, right?

IT IS!

I've been making my own facial scrubs and masks but this chocolate mask is my absolute favorite so far. I mean it's chocolate - how can anyone not love it?

Remember the Lymphatic Facial deal I bought online some time ago? I was really looking forward to it because of the "edible chocolate and honey used in the facial" but was disappointed when no chocolate was used in my facial. Bummer. That was when I decided to make my own.

There are a few variations of chocolate face mask recipes I found on the internet - using dark chocolate bar mixed with salt, heavy cream or whipping cream; some even mixed it with cream cheese and cottage cheese!

I made my chocolate mask using 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted), 1 tablespoon of oats (grounded), 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey.


Mix them well until it becomes a paste.


Leave it to thicken a bit for about 5 minutes. Then apply the mask generously on your clean and dry face, avoiding the eye and lip areas. It's a really messy process so do it in the bathroom!


It's a lot easier to apply the mask with a brush and less messy too!


Couldn't tahan the chocolatey smell, I had to lick some.




I don't think I have ever smelled and looked so good enough to eat! Haha. When my baby saw me with my face covered in chocolate, I think she wasn't sure who or what I was. It was so cute seeing her confused expression, I could almost see the thought bubble over her head... "Is this my mom or is this a big bar of chocolate?".

Anyway, you should leave the mask on for 15 minutes and gently exfoliate your face before rinsing. I swear my skin was glowing and felt so soft right after using this mask! Cocoa is known as a powerful antioxidant that helps to reverse the effects of aging and it helps to tighten the skin. It is said that with constant usage of this mask, you'll get glowing skin, soft and firm with reduced signs of aging and sagging. Wow. I'm loving chocolates even more!

And then I saw this deal on Milkadeal. Premium Gold Cocoa Chocolate Mask Pack, 2 Handmade Facial Soaps (one of them is cocoa) and free delivery for only RM45. Ready-made chocolate mask that comes in a tube! Now that would make my life easier.


This Gold Cacao Pack is made of aloe extract, cacao extract, collagen and.... GOLD POWDER! It doesn't get any better, does it? Apparently this product is so famous in Korea so it must be good.



After reading the reviews and seeing these testimonials, I was sold. I stocked up 2 for myself! There's still 3 days left to purchase this deal on Milkadeal.com so you'd better hurry before this deal ends.


I'm gonna leave you with my delicious chocolate covered face for you to drool ;p

Boo!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 2:00 PM |





l@dyIZ704