Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Pancake Sandwich



I don't like to cook in a hurry (kids want my attention) or when I'm hungry, or worse, when I'm hungry and in a hurry. It can be so stressing. And when I am stressed out, I would turn into Incredible Hulk. And when I turned into Incredible Hulk, I cannot focus on my cooking. And when I cannot focus on my cooking, my dishes turned out salty, what supposed to be soft and fluffy turned out rock hard, fingers sliced, plates crashed, burnt tea towels. It's a mayhem! (ok fine, the last two did not happen but still, it could!).


I find the easiest thing to cook when I'm in a hurry/hungry situation is... PANCAKE. Can I call myself the Pancake Queen? Coz I love pancakes and I love to make them. I could eat them everyday. I could make them everyday. The batter only takes about 3 minutes to make, and you can set it aside and do something else - in my case, entertain my kids for 20 minutes.


And so the other day when I was facing the "in a hurry-hungry" situation, I made pancake sandwiches. You can use just about anything for your sandwich fillings, but this zucchini-eggplant-mushroom-beef pastrami combo is SO good! I got the recipe from my mom. And it's still so easy to make, I promise. I use this pancake recipe but reduced the brown sugar to only 2 tablespoons.




Cut the zucchini and eggplant into thin slices. Drizzle them with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper and bake them for a few minutes (or you can just saute them).


Take one pancake (beautiful side down) and spread it with Horseradish sauce (I use Heinz). Layer it with 2 slices of eggplant, beef pastrami, sauteed mushroom, 2 slices of zucchini and cover it with one pancake (this time beautiful side up).






And there you have it, pancake sandwich!





Kalau ada cheese pasti lagi sedap.
Ohh cheese...

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 1:00 PM |





l@dyIZ704