Saturday, August 22, 2009

Making the perfect pancakes

I made pancakes for brunch the other day. My pancakes turned out flat and splotchy and kinda chewy, unlike the ones at PHOP. I started my own little research, trying to find out what went wrong. And I think I know why; I just dumped all of the ingredients in a blender!


So yesterday I made pancakes again, but this time I didn't use a blender. I separate the mixture of the dry and wet ingredients first before combining them together. And it turned out perfect - soft, fluffy and no more uneven and splotchy pancakes. They were beautiful and SO good!


Here's the recipe to make yummy fluffy pancakes:



3 cups flour
6 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup Canola oil


Mix the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt - together in a large mixing bowl. In a different bowl, beat the eggs, milk and oil, and pour into the dry ingredients' mixture. Stir until smooth.


Heat a pan over low heat and spoon the mixture. Once they're bubbly (like the picture below), flip 'em to the other side and cook for just another minute.





Serve warm with maple syrup, honey, cream, ice-cream or your favorite jam!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 1:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704