Tuesday, February 22, 2011
I only found out when I was about to bake these babies.
I was so excited and had high hopes for this one. I was planning to surprise my husband on our anniversary with homemade baked chocolate pudding because it is one of our MOST favorite desserts and it's pretty easy to make, compared to red velvet cake. Tiba-tiba oven pulak buat hal.
My husband suggested to try using our microwave instead. I set to microwave it for 5 minutes but took it out after just 2 minutes when I saw the cake rising like this.
Looks not bad right, but it was actually overcooked! There was no ooey-gooey melted chocolate inside. It was just an ordinary chocolate cake.
I microwaved another one for just 1 minute.... and this time it was undercooked. Instead of melted chocolate on the inside, it was the outside of the cake that was melting. And no, it didn't taste anything like the one we had at The Apartment. So frustrating!
But between the overcooked and undercooked "microwaved chocolate pudding", I prefer the overcooked one.
Guess we'll just have to go to The Apartment to satisfy our baked chocolate pudding craving in the mean time.
Labels: Food and Recipes