Monday, May 17, 2010

Potato Omelet

I'm always on the lookout for super simple and tasty recipes that only take a few minutes to prepare. Being pregnant with a toddler (I don't mean carrying a toddler in my belly; you know what I mean) does not give me the energy to cook as much as I used to. It's either makan luar, or I'd make sandwiches for lunch and dinner.


Anyway a few days ago, I was watching one of my favorite cooking shows on AFC - French Food At Home. Laura, the chef, was making Potato Omelet when I suddenly remembered I have a few potatoes in my kitchen that I bought weeks ago!


Immediately after watching the program, I went to the kitchen. My potatoes were still good and I have all of the ingredients needed so I decided to try out the Potato Omelet recipe. It was so easy, I didn't even bother to write it down (ok I tweaked it a little).




2 eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
Slices of chicken salami (she used bacon btw)
1 small potato (peeled and diced)
1 chopped onion
1 clove of chopped garlic
Butter
Balsamic vinegar
Chopped parsley


Add butter to a pan and cook the onion until soft. Add in the garlic and cook for a minute. Remove them to a plate.


Using the same pan, pour in a dash of balsamic vinegar and saute the potatoes until they are crisp and golden on the outside, and soft on the inside. Add in the onion, garlic and chicken salami.


Pour in the beaten egg mixture over the potato and cook until the eggs are set. Then sprinkle with chopped parsley. Bon appetit!



I have to admit, the usage of balsamic vinegar in this recipe was the main reason why I wanted to try it in the first place; not really the potatoes. I love omelets and this is one of the best!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 7:30 AM |





l@dyIZ704