Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My favorite sandwich

I haven't been cooking much lately. I've been making sandwiches for lunch and dinner all week - grilled chicken, tuna and egg mayo, chicken and poached egg, sausage and cheese, etc. It's a good thing my husband and I both LOVE bread. Any types of bread.


Today was smoked salmon sandwich. It's actually my most favorite sandwich in the world! Have I ever told you that I love smoked salmon? So very much. And it's like the easiest sandwich I've made so far - no cooking required.


Mix about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese spread + chopped parsley
(it's supposed to be dill but I don't have that). Spread the mixture on both bread.



Place the lettuce on one of the bread. I'm using Baby Butterhead by the way.



Top with 2 slices of smoked salmon (or more if you like).



Place the other bread on top.
I love it when I can see smoked salmon peeking out from the sides!



Ok I know smoked salmon is not really cooked and that pregnant women should avoid eating it, but according to BabyCentre it's okay if it's "pre-packaged, date-stamped smoked salmon bought directly from your supermarket".

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 12:30 AM |





l@dyIZ704