Friday, October 07, 2011

Hot Chocolate Treat

I've been having this mad craving for chocolates lately. I feel like I couldn't function well if I don't eat or drink anything chocolatey. It was driving me nuts!

The last time I remembered having this sort of craving was during PMS, which I haven't had for months. Then I checked my Period Diary.... and sure enough, I was PMS-ing. Or so I thought.

Then a week went by. No "visit" from Miss P.
I panicked a little.

Could I be....
No... I don't think so.


It has been 2 weeks now (15 days to be exact), yet still nothing. No red flag. But I'm not as panicked as I was before. My hormones must have gone haywire. It's normal for breastfeeding moms, right?

But I'm still craving for chocolates. And every day, I must have at least one mug of homemade hot chocolate. It's easy to make and tastes just like Starbucks'. I'm addicted!




Full cream milk
Semisweet chocolate (or you can use unsweetened cocoa powder)
Pinch of cinnamon
Whipped cream


Heat milk and chopped semisweet chocolate in a small saucepan, over low heat (add sugar if you're using unsweetened cocoa powder). Add a pinch of cinnamon. Whisk until it boils a little.

Pour the hot chocolate into a cup or a mug. Top it with whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder, if you want.




Enjoy it.

It's rich, it's chocolatey, it's divineee!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 2:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704