Sunday, September 11, 2011

Food poisoning - a nasty business!

My husband, my baby and I haven't been in the pinkest of health these past few days. We were down with food poisoning - it was our first time kena food poisoning. Well at least me and Raina were; my husband was infected by me.

It started last Thursday. I was too tired to cook, plus, we haven't grocery shopped ever since balik kampung for Raya so I told my husband to tapau lunch from Ani Sup Utara. Raina ate about 4-5 suap; I ate the rest (tried to feed Ayra but she didn't want to eat rice - thank God!).

At around 6pm, I started to feel queasy. I thought it was because I had late lunch, perut dah masuk angin ke apa so I just ignored it as I was getting ready for an event that I have to attend that night. At 6.30pm, I threw up and had diarrhea. I still insisted to go to the event because I thought I felt better after throwing and dumping all the toxins from my body. Then I threw up again in the car, followed by abdominal cramps. My husband wanted to take me to see the doctor but I refused because I felt so weak and hungry, I wanted to eat something first.

The next thing I know, I was at my parents-in-law's house, muntah-muntah and cirit-birit berselang-seli for like every 10 minutes. I was EXTREMELY WEAK! I threw up just about everything in my stomach sampai muntah jadi rasa pahit and keluar cecair kuning sebab dah tak ada apa nak dimuntahkan. I was literally on bended knees, hugging the toilet bowl. Sampai ada at one time, I threw up and cirit serentak! Tuhan saja yang tahu sakit sangat rasanya. Nak nangis! I really thought I was dying.

Image Googled

Then my mother-in-law told us Raina pulak muntah. That was when we decided to go see the doctor (Raina threw up 3 more times by the time sampai clinic). I was literally drenched in her vomit but I didn't care anymore.

The doctor gave me an injection because I threw up more than 10 times already (I threw up for the 14th time at the clinic by the way). As for Raina, the doctor gave medicine rectally (through her rectum). I was extremely weak and hungry but I didn't eat anything except for half glass of Herbalife shake, 1/4 cup of yogurt and 3 spoons of porridge. Tak selera nak makan langsung; makan sikit muntah. I even lost 3kg (but I've gained back 2kg. Cepat betul ;p)! Malam tu, my husband pulak muntah-muntah and cirit-birit. Turns out, he was infected because he shared my porridge spoon.

Alhamdulillah, we're a lot better now.
From now on, no more Ani Sup Utara!


She slipped off her pink stilettos at 11:00 PM |