Thursday, July 21, 2011

Muesli with grated apple

I LOVE oats. It's one of the foods that I eat everyday.

I mix them in my Herbalife shake. I eat them with my cereal. I mix them in my hot cup of Milo. I mix them in Horlicks. I just love how it makes my food and drinks thick and creamy. Mmmmm!

Anyway, I've been on a muesli binge lately. I've been eating muesli all week, mostly for snacking - mid-morning, tea time and even for supper!




Oats, as we all know, are rich in dietary fiber and they're a heart-healthy food so that's just awesome. And what's even more awesome is that this muesli with grated apple recipe that I got from my mom is super yummy and healthy. It's made of rolled oats, pure fruit juice, natural yogurt, apple, raisins, almonds and honey.


Mom's recipe uses orange juice but I used my favorite juice,
Ceres' Whispers Of Summer.





Soak the rolled oats in juice overnight in the fridge (not too much juice - just enough to cover the oats). Or you can just soak for 1-2 hours in the fridge until the oats are soft.

The next morning (or whenever you wanna eat it), take out the bowl of rolled oats and stir it all up. Add yogurt, grated apples, raisins, drizzle with a little bit of honey and top off with almond flakes.





This muesli tastes somewhat like a cross between a cereal and something desserty. It's nice and creamy, and it has the sweetness from the honey, crunchiness from the almonds, crisp and juiciness from the apple. Yum!

Too bad my husband doesn't fancy it. Hmmph.

But that's okay because it means I can have it ALL to myself!


Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 12:00 PM |





l@dyIZ704