Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easy Potato Gratin Recipe

I don't know why I'm doing this.

I'm fasting today and here I am, blogging about food. Not just any food, but a comfort food.
All nice and warm and creamy.... oooh.



Potato gratin.

Oh God.

Ok let's just get down with the recipe and be done with it. This recipe is by far the easiest I found on the internet, using only a handful of ingredients:

Potato, thinly sliced
Butter
Garlic, minced
Black pepper
Salt
Rosemary
Heavy cream
Cheese
Parsley

Soak the thinly sliced potatoes in cold water for 10 minutes and dry them using paper towel.

Butter the sides and bottom of a baking casserole. Add the sliced potatoes, garlic and season with salt, black pepper and rosemary. Mix them well and arrange the potato slices in overlapping layers.




Pour the heavy cream (or thickened cream), covering about half the potatoes. You can use whipped cream too.



Sprinkle evenly with cheese, followed by parsley. I've made this potato gratin a couple of times and the first time I made it, I used Mozzarella cheese. The second time, I used Cheddar cheese. I think I prefer Mozzarella cheese because it's creamier and melts beautifully - if you know what I mean. You can even use both cheeses if you want! Maybe I'll try that next time.






Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes at 180°C, then increase the temperature to 200°C to brown the cheese for 5 minutes.




And it's done!



This creamy cheesy goodness makes a great side dish.

Kthxbai!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 1:00 PM |





l@dyIZ704