Saturday, February 12, 2011

Nikon Coolpix S1100pj Camera Review

The other day when I was at my parents' house, Ayra took my iPhone and started playing with the flashcard app. My mom saw it and said, "Pandainya. Mama dulu nak ajar korang, buat flashcard sendiri. Sekarang tak payah, semua dah canggih".


Yeah everything is so canggih nowadays, huh!


I have to admit, iPhone and iPad are the greatest learning tools for Ayra, besides educational VCDs and books. But that's not all. I just discovered another gadget that I can use to teach my kid.


A camera!


I was given this Nikon Coolpix S1100pj in violet. The camera comes in three other colors as well - black, silver and green.




To be honest, I had never seen a camera like this before. The Nikon Coolpix S1100pj is not like any regular compact camera because it has a built-in projector, which by the way, can make a cool flashcard for my kid (more on that later). It also comes with a remote control!



It's like the world's cutest remote control, doncha think?


Besides for the projector, you can use the remote control to take pictures as well. You know how cumbersome it can be when taking self-portraits or using a self-timer, right? That's when you use this remote control. No need to lari lintang-pukang anymore when you set the timer on for a group photo or anything. Just point the remote control's infrared emitter at the camera and press the button when you're all ready. How cool is that?!


I've been spending the past few days testing out this camera and taking TONS of photos. The first thing I snapped is my object of affection: my kids of course!


This camera has a touchscreen LCD.




With flash


Without flash
(Raina was wriggling herself so her image is a bit blurry)



There are 17 scene modes which are Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Night portrait, Party/indoor, Beach, Snow, Sunset, Dusk/dawn, Night landscape, Close-up, Food, Museum, Fireworks show, Copy, Backlighting and Panorama assist. Here are some photos that I tested out using the different scene modes:


Portrait mode
(who said I have flawless skin? Got bintik-bintik and chicken pox scars la on my forehead)


Food mode


Night landscape mode


Copy mode



I think the photos are not bad for a point-and-shoot camera.


Now here comes my favorite part - the filter effects! You can apply a variety of effects on your captured photos using the digital filter such as Color options, Soft, Selective color, Cross screen, Fisheye or Miniature effect.


The Soft effect gives the picture a soft look by blurring the area surrounding the point that you tap and makes it as the main focus. So nice!






Then there's Fisheye effect, which makes the picture looks like it's taken using fisheye lens.



Ok that's creepy.



My absolute favorite effect is the Cross screen! It produces starry rays of light that radiate outward from bright or shiny objects. It makes your pictures look so sparkly, like bling-bling. Love it!


Sparkly baby ballet flats


Sparkly Anya Hindmarch logo


Sparkly necklace


Sparkly ring


And sparkly heel.
My shoe looked like it's made of diamonds!!


Ok enough of bling-bling already.


There's also Glamour Retouch which can be used to soften the skin tone of faces detected in the picture and it makes the faces look smaller with bigger eyes, like it's been photoshopped! You can doodle and decorate your pictures as well with butterflies, rainbows, hearts, stars, add a frame, insert a date stamp and add a voice memo.





Of course the highlight of this camera is the projector. The built-in projector projects pictures and movies onto any flat surfaces, making it a cool way to share pictures and HD movies with your friends and family.





With your own creativity, you can use the projector for lots of fun things. Check out this video how the projector is used to distract a crying baby, call a waitress at a restaurant for a refill and a cute way to propose to a girl!





You may be wondering how I use the projector as a flashcard for my kid.
Well, here's a short video I made to show to you guys.




Pretty cool, huh? ;D
If you like unique features in your digital camera, then you might like this Nikon Coolpix S1100pj!

Labels: , ,

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 4:45 PM |





l@dyIZ704