Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Milk For Mommies

I'm a sucker for free samples. Skincare, hair care, perfumes, baby stuff, food, drinks, anything! I like to try new things so samples are a great way to try a product.


A couple of months ago when I went for my postnatal check-up, I saw a basket filled with milk samples for pregnant and nursing moms at the hospital's registration counter. I breastfeed my baby exclusively and at that time I was consuming Wyeth Mama milk but I wanted to try a few other brands as well, so I grabbed a few samples to try it at home. Well, I didn't like it. Not even the chocolate flavoured ones.


You see, breastfeeding makes me hungry like ALL the time and I usually prefer to snack on warm drinks mixed with oats especially in the middle of the night while pumping my milk.




When I found out that Friso has come out with a new milk for pregnant and nursing moms called Friso Mum Gold, I immediately want to give it a try. It's the only maternal milk that contains Prebiotic and Probiotic.




In case you don't know, Probiotics are good bacterias that "guard" the digestive systems from bad bacterias to keep us healthy and it also helps to relieve constipation, as well as preventing allergic reactions in newborns.


Prebiotics however, are food for the good bacteria to help them grow and it also helps our body to absorb calcium easily.


I was quite surprised to find out that Friso Mum Gold contains a lot of nutrients compared to other maternal milk. It contains DHA, AA, SA, folic acid, iron and calcium, just what every pregnant and nursing mom needs!




And then I found out that you can actually request a sample of the milk from Friso website (just sign up as a member), so I requested for it.




I can't wait to try the new Friso Mum! And I hope I can continue to breastfeed Raina until she's 2 years old, Insyaallah.


Labels: , ,

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 11:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704