Thursday, October 28, 2010

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins in a hurry

I had a sudden urge to bake chocolate chip muffins last weekend. I wanted to make a little surprise for my husband (he was sleeping with Ayra at that time) because I haven't been baking for months. My baby was awake and wanted to be held but that didn't stop me from baking!


I googled for the recipe, found one that has all the ingredients I have in the kitchen and started baking right away. I had to be quick before my husband woke up. Oh you should see me wearing my baby in a sling trying to get her to sleep while measuring the ingredients and talking on the phone with my sister-in-law at the same time. It was madness! But Raina fell asleep not long after that so things got easier.


Despite multitasking in a hurry, my muffins turned out not bad!




1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3/4 cup superfine sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling)
1 cup milk
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.


In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together - flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug - milk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla extract.


Mix the dry and wet ingredients together (do not over mix!). Spoon into muffin cases and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips on top.


Bake for about 20 minutes until the muffins are risen and a cake tester (or a knife if you don't have one) inserted into the muffin comes out clean. This recipe makes 12 medium-sized muffins.


Anyway, my husband woke up from his nap to the lovely smell of chocolate chip muffins. His eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store when I handed him one of the muffins.




By noon the next day, all of the muffins were gone - and I only ate three!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 12:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704