Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bright and Peaceful Queen

I know, I know. A lot of you had been asking about my baby's name.




The reason why it took me this long to announce it is because I was still undecided about the spelling and her second name so I thought I'd wait until it has been registered; when it's 100% confirmed.


At first I was thinking of putting Adelia at the end of her name just like her elder sister, so it'd be Sharifah something Adelia.


Sejak ada adik, Ayra dah jarang nak kiss kitorang.
She kisses her baby sis more than 10 times a day!
Sayang sangat kat adik dia.


But my husband wasn't keen on the idea because he wants all his children's name to be different just like his and my siblings. So I agreed. Lagi pun kuasa veto untuk letak nama anak ada pada tangan suami so wajib ikut. Hehe.


After going through hundreds of Muslim baby names, we've finally found the ones we like. Her name is Sharifah Raina Aryssa.


At that time we were still undecided whether to choose Raina, Raaina or Rayna tho. They sound the same but have different meanings.


Raina = peaceful queen
Raaina = beautiful/pretty princess
Rayna = pure and clean


But after about 2 weeks of getting to know my baby girl, I finally chose the first one because she is such an easy baby! So peaceful, tak banyak ragam, tak banyak nangis. A peaceful queen she is!




As for Aryssa (or Arissa), it means bright.
So Raina Aryssa, a bright and peaceful queen.



Hi everyone! My name is Raina :)

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 12:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704