Saturday, July 24, 2010

Peach-Mango Baked Custard

A couple of weeks ago while waiting for my turn at the clinic for my pregnancy check up, I browsed through Health & Beauty magazine and came across a really simple dessert recipe. I snapped a pic of the recipe with my iPhone (gotta love technology, huh) and decided to try it the next day.


It's actually Baked Orange Custard but I don't have orange juice (nor the fruit), so I substituted it with mango juice instead and changed the name to Peach-Mango Baked Custard. Why peach? You'll see...


Ingredients:
3 eggs
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup mango juice
400g Nestle Set Yogurt
2 1/2 tbsp plain flour


Method:
Beat eggs and sugar until thick. Whisk in mango juice, Nestle Set Yogurt and plain flour.
Then transfer the mixture into a pie dish (or you can use ramekins).


Bake for about an hour at 150 degrees Celsius. You know it's ready when you insert a knife at the edge of the custard and it comes out clean.


The baked custard didn't look that appealing tho. It was so plain and looks more like a pizza base than a dessert so I decided to give it a little "makeover".


I spread some whipped cream on top...

Err...can anyone tell me why my whipped cream is not so smooth?
Or is it supposed to be like that?



I also happened to have a can of sliced peaches and decided to arrange them. It was a little comot tho. Maybe I should really drain the peaches first. Oh well.





But it looks a lot better now. And it's yummier when served chilled!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 12:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704