Friday, June 04, 2010

Mrs. Fields' Chocolate Chip Cookies

Have you heard the infamous story about a woman who wanted to buy Mrs. Fields cookie recipe and felt cheated when she found out that she was charged $250 on her credit card because she thought it was only $2.50? She was so furious that she started a chain email and gave away the recipe to tons of people.


Apparently, the story is not true (I also heard the same made-up story about Famous Amos cookie recipe long time ago). But the supposedly authentic cookie recipe was so famous and got great reviews that I just had to try it myself.


And I did. And boy it was yummy, I feel like I'm turning into a cookie monster from stuffing myself with these cookies all day!




So here's the "$250 cookie recipe"


1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups oatmeal (blended)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12oz chocolate chips


Cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix flour, blended oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.


Mix both mixture together and add in the chocolate chips.


The recipe uses grated Hershey bar as well but believe me, even without that the cookies are already chocolatey - there are like 5 or more chocolate chips inside each cookie! You can add 1 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts too if you want.


Scoop out ball-sized mounds as big or small as you like (I like my cookies to be bite-size) and place on a cookie sheet, which I lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for about 8 minutes.

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 10:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704