Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2 o'clock ramblings

I attended a wedding at Dewan Sri Endon, Putrajaya, last Sunday. No wait, it was 2 Sundays ago. It was a last-minute thing. Like, really last minute. I only knew I had to attend it 3 hours before the event.


Of course I had nothing to wear. NOTHING! At 7 months pregnant, there's no baju kurung that could fit me well - it's either they got stuck at my bump, or I look like a walking mountain wearing something that is too big. I don't know whether it's because of my hormonal phase, but being in that situation (not having anything that fits me well) is really depressing. I was so close to tears. I know, over kan? Takde baju pun nak nangis! ;p


So I wore a pair of black jersey pants and a black tunic instead (macam berkabung pulak) and believe me, that is like the most appropriate thing I have for weddings at the moment. Well maybe it's okay for daytime weddings, but not for formal ones! I have never felt so underdressed and out of place in my whole life. Bahhh! Everyone else was all dressed up in beautiful kebayas and kurungs. I feel like sitting under the table throughout the whole event so that no one could see me.


Seriously I would rather be overdressed than underdressed.
Well, wouldn't you?


But an overdressed pregnant woman might end up looking like a walking Christmas tree. I'm not sure which one looks better - a walking mountain or a walking Christmas tree.


So anyways, we left early because I couldn't stand the embarrassment of being underdressed (altho hubby said there was nothing to be embarrassed about because I'm pregnant. I guess men just don't understand! >_<).


I made a trip to the restroom before heading to the elevator. I saw two doors; one of them had a sign that reads:




For a second, I thought it was a milk storage room. But why on earth would there be a milk storage room here, beside female restroom? What's inside a milk storage room anyway? Milk? (the room was locked so I couldn't take a peek inside).


I almost wanted to look around in case there is Bilik Kopi as well.
And then I noticed the pink fonts and realized it must be a Nursing Room! LOL.

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 2:25 AM |





l@dyIZ704