Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Steamed Pomfret

During my confinement period, my mom used to cook veggie soup and steamed pomfret with lots of ginger and black pepper, served with rice and pickled ginger for me. Unlike most people, I didn't get tired of it at all even tho I had to eat the same menu twice a day for 40 days! Imagine hari-hari makan berselera giler masa dalam pantang. It was so delicious (I am a big fan of fish) that I remember looking forward for my lunch and dinner every day.


Then recently, I find myself craving for the same steamed pomfret and decided to make one for lunch (and dinner). I got this recipe from my mom but I added some mushroom and cili padi. It's so easy to make - just rub and sprinkle everything! And not to mention, healthy too.



1 white pomfret (bawal putih)
3 slices of ginger
2 cloves of garlic
Black pepper
Cili padi
Oyster sauce
Light soy sauce
Carrots, shredded
Button mushroom, chopped (I use the brown ones)
A little bit of water


Clean the fish and make two diagonal cuts on each side.


Rub oyster sauce all over the fish. As for the ginger and garlic, you can either shred them finely and sprinkle on both sides of the fish (as per picture above), or you can mashed them and rub them all over the fish. I prefer the latter one tho because the flavors seemed to sink into the fish.


Then sprinkle the black pepper, cili padi, shredded carrots and button mushroom on both sides of the fish. Pour light soy sauce and some water (just a little).


Steam the fish for about 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately!


p/s: Ok, I have a confession. Saya tak reti siang ikan (I ask the man from the supermarket to do it for me)!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 11:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704