Thursday, March 11, 2010

A little bit about my 2nd pregnancy

I was actually dreading to announce my second pregnancy. No particular reason; I wanted to wait until I was really showing and go like, "Hey everyone, surprise, I'm pregnant!" and show a picture of my baby bump. It was my sister's idea actually. But I don't want people to think I'm just really fat instead of pregnant! ;p

Another reason is because I wasn't really sure if I was 100% pregnant because I don't have any pregnancy sickness. When I first found out I was pregnant (which was in my 4th week or so), I was worried whether I would be able to handle myself and a toddler and everything. Last time during my 1st pregnancy, I started to get pregnancy sickness at week 8 and it lasted until around week 14, and I could barely do anything. I was worried the same thing would happen again - mabuk, muntah-muntah, etc - because now I have a toddler to take care of. I mean, how can you take care of a kid when you yourself are feeling sick, right?

So week 8 came, but nothing happened. Then came week 10. Then week 12. Still nothing.
I was like, am I really pregnant?

The critical period is now over and Alhamdulillah so far so good. I guess I'm lucky this time around! :) Just the occasional headaches (which lasted all day if I do get one) but even non-preggers get headaches so I'm fine with that. Everything's great so far (except the part where I'm always hungry) that sometimes I forgot that I'm pregnant. I just feel like a fat woman who craves for food all the time!

It's true when they say each pregnancy is different. Here are the major things I noticed that are very different from my 1st pregnancy:

- I don't have pregnancy sickness at all
- I craved a lot of sushi (and Maggi!) during the 1st trimester
- I'm blessed with good skin walaupon pemalas ya rabbi nak jaga muka (I only do facial once a day now. Itu pon dah cukup bagus)
- I was super cranky and easily explode even at teeny tiny things (like having to pee several times in the middle of the night or when my husband lets out a super stinky fart) especially in the early weeks of pregnancy!

I'm now entering week 16 which makes me around 4 months pregnant. And I am as energetic as ever! Boleh main kejar-kejar, lompat-lompat dengan Ayra and do all the house chores from morning till evening. Kalau hari tu masa 1st trimester pemalas sangat-sangat, asyik makan luar/tapau hari-hari, tiba-tiba sekarang rajin gila masak lunch and dinner every day for almost 2 weeks now! I want nothing but homemade meals. I hope it's for good, not just one of those "weird" pregnancy habits that lasted for awhile.

Anyway the last time I weighed myself, which was last week, I have gained a total of 4kg. Not bad I think, because I seriously thought I gained more than that. Yes, my bump is already showing a little but I look like I just had a dozen of donuts instead of a preggy belly so I won't bother snapping pics just yet. I hope this would be a smooth-sailing pregnancy!


p/s: Thank you so much for all the warm wishes - comments, emails, tweets, Facebook, SMS, etc. Sorry for not being able to reply to each and every one, but you guys made my day! :)

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 1:30 AM |





l@dyIZ704