Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bahasa Comel

I've always thought bahasa Kedah to be the cutest and funniest of all slang-slang Negeri. Both of my husband's parents are from Kedah and the whole family speaks a lot of Kedah. I once thought that bahasa Kedah was all about adding the 'q' sound at the end of each word (like "ayaq" instead of "air), besides "awat", "hang", "depa", etc.


I remembered during the early days of being married to him, I find it a little hard to understand his family's conversation. It was almost like they were talking in a foreign language. But little by little I managed to grasp some of them, like:


menangis = teriak
sekarang = la
kejar = ligan
pencuri = kawaq
degil = ketegaq
bosan = cemuih
macam = lagu
sen = kupang
jengket = ginjat
hulur = sua
ye ker = tuuu


Hmm... what else?
Oh right!


Muaz = Muaih


Hee hee.

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 4:00 PM |





l@dyIZ704