Sunday, August 16, 2009

The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach

There's something so sweet and sexy about a man who cooks for his wife. Or one who offers to do the cooking once in a while, even if it's just a simple meal. It's the effort that counts.


A few weeks ago, my husband offered to make something for lunch as I was too tired to cook. I have to admit, juggling between housework and taking care of my baby is so backbreaking eventho the only housework I do are cooking and doing laundry (we hire a part-time maid to do the rest bcoz there is no way I can do everything!).


And so off he went to the kitchen.


Believe it or not, just the sight of him cooking makes my heart melt!


About half an hour later, he appeared in front of me with a plate of beef patty and egg sandwich in his hand and a proud "I-made-this-for-you" smile on his face. I chuckled at the sight of his sandwich; the egg especially. It isn't the best-looking sandwich I've ever seen, but I find it cute. It's like an innocent and sincere sandwich bcoz it's made by someone who doesn't know how to cook, yet insisted to do so.




The closest thing to cooking he has ever done is sapu roti dengan Nutella and preparing Herbalife shake (if those count as cooking), so this is really something. It's one of the sweetest things he's ever done!

Labels: ,

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 1:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704