Saturday, August 22, 2009

I have a confession

I haven't been really serious with my weight loss program. In fact, I haven't even started yet. Well, not really. I have been trying to but it's so hard. All this while I've been consuming Herbalife as a maintenance program - not that I wanna maintain my current weight, but... is it just me or is it really SO hard to lose weight after giving birth??


I miss my slender pre-pregnancy figure!


My heaviest pregnancy weight was 64kg, and right after delivery I weighted 59kg (I only lost 5kg). I consumed Herbalife for weight loss during my confinement but only for a week bcoz my mom and my confinement nanny advised me not to go on a diet yet. I did manage to lose a little weight tho - 1 kg. So I was 58kg. Right after confinement, I started back on my weight loss program and managed to lose another 2kg but I was told by other mommies that one should not be on diet when breastfeeding to ensure enough milk supply, so I stopped after one month. I was 56kg. But then I started eating a lot - I ate 5 times a day and took Wyeth Mama milk 3-5 glasses a day. I could say I was addicted to it. Little that I know at that time, I was consuming more than 1000 kcal a day just on the milk (I mixed it with fresh milk)! Of course I gained weight shortly after that - I got back the 3kg that I lost. Dang! But my milk supply was the same - I do not have an abundance supply of milk so I was even more frustrated.


So then I went back on my weight loss program and stopped taking Wyeth Mama and I lost 1 kg in 2 weeks. Then I met Pavlova and my weight loss program went haywire again but thank God I haven't gained any yet. To date, I am still maintaining at 57kg. I have been so for a couple of months. I figured that if I can't lose weight (yet), at least I don't gain. Of course that's not the way it should be bcoz I'm still fat.


They say exclusively breastfeeding your baby can help you lose weight, but I did not. I am constantly hungry and I eat a lot and it's driving me nuts! I don't totally blame breastfeeding bcoz even now that I'm not exclusively breastfeeding my baby, I'm still as hungry as a bear. Pregnancy has changed my eating habit - the 3rd trimester, to be exact. I remember craving a lot of sweet stuff at the end of my trimester (hence, the massive weight gain), and until today I still am. I hate it when I don't have self-control! Now I know how challenging it is to change your eating habit once you've developed an unhealthy one. My main goal now is not to slim down, but to develop a healthy eating habit - bcoz I know once I have developed a healthy eating habit, losing weight won't be a problem bcoz I've been there and done that. I am reminding myself and to anyone who wants to lose weight, please don't make "nak kurus" as your main goal bcoz if it is, then it will be hard to maintain it or you find yourself slowly gaining back, no matter what product you use if you haven't change your eating habit and lifestyle! I know I can do it bcoz I've done it before. I just don't know when and how to start. But I guess Ramadhan would be a great time to start all over again.


So my plan for the fasting month is the same as last year and the year before that. Sahur with Herbalife shake + kurma + Tea Mix. Berbuka with usual meal (hopefully in moderate amount) + Tea Mix. Supper with Herbalife shake, if I'm hungry.




Anyways, I have a Ramadhan special Herbalife shake recipe that I would like to share - Chocolate Date shake.


2 scoops Formula 1 Dutch Chocolate
1 scoop Formula 3
2-3 dates (use the soft ones)
400ml chilled mineral water/plain water


Blend all of the ingredients. It's surprisingly good! Do give it a try.


Happy fasting, everyone! :)

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 9:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704