Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hickory Dickory Dock

A little part of my childhood years were spent in the UK and back then, my sisters and I used to watch a lot of Play School - a British TV series for children. There were a lot of nursery rhymes and I loved it. My mom would record the series on tape so we could watch 'em over and over again, even when we were back in Malaysia. It was my favorite show ever!


I was surprised that after more than 20 years, I could still memorize most of the songs word-for-word. Hickory Dickory Dock, Pop Goes the Weasel, Polly Put the Kettle On and Hot Cross Buns are among of them. My baby seems to love it too! I started introducing nursery rhymes, besides Quran recitation and Baby Mozart to her when she was a teeny-weeny newborn, but of course she didn't respond much at that time. Now every time I play the songs, she would dance excitedly to the beat. Her fave is Hickory Dickory Dock.


Watch this short clip of her dancing!



Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 4:30 PM |





l@dyIZ704