Tuesday, November 25, 2008

DIY Lip Scrub

I've been suffering from extremely dry and flaky lips ever since I'm pregnant, despite my habit of applying lip balm 88 times a day. I know the main reason is bcoz I haven't been drinking plenty of water like I used to. Now that my bump is the size of a prize-winning watermelon, I am easily bloated than ever. Drinking more than 1 liter of water a day makes me feel like my watermelon-bump is gonna explode bcoz the baby has taken up most of the space so there ain't much left for water, making it almost impossible for me to "drink for two".


Ok, lame excuse. But I couldn't think of any other reasons why I haven't been drinking more water ;p


So back to the flaky lips...


I've tried The Body Shop Lip Scuff years ago, but I found the granules a bit too gentle for my overly chapped lips (plus I don't like the minty smell) so I didn't bother to use it again. I also tried exfoliating my lips with wet towel and applying Pure Shea Butter hoping that it'll moisturize my dry lips but nope, my lips are still flaky and fugly. It looks even fuglier when I apply lipstick on. Brushing my lips with a toothbrush doesn't seem like a pleasing idea so I passed that up.


Then I decided to make my own lip scrub - using only Vaseline and raw sugar. After about 3 times of good scrubbin' my lips are almost flake-less! But you have to make it a habit to do it every 2-3 times a week to see the result.


Here's how to make your own lip scrub:


You need: Vaseline and raw sugar (I just get my supplies from Starbucks - it's free!).



Spill a tiny amount of raw sugar onto your palm, then scoop some Vaseline
and mix 'em together with your finger until it forms a paste.



Rub it gently on your lips, then wipe it off with a damp towel or tissue.
Finally, apply lip balm.



You can also use honey instead of Vaseline. Then you can lick your lips without having to wipe it off. Yum!
Now I have to warn you that it can get a little messy... but it's worth a try!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 3:00 AM |





l@dyIZ704