Monday, October 06, 2008

Rise and shine with the new Shine by Dutch Lady!

(This is a 48-hour sticky post, scroll down for updates!)



Ever since I got pregnant, I've been craving for fruity-flavored drinks; be it juices, smoothies, even Herbalife shakes. As you know, I am still consuming Herbalife shake for breakfast (even tho it's Hari Raya). I love mixing the shake with yoghurt drink especially, and to me it's the best and easiest way to make yummy shakes. It tastes just like fruit smoothies!


But I don't use just about any yoghurt drink to make one. I am quite choosy when it comes to... well, almost anything. My choice of yoghurt drink - be it for mixing with Herbalife shake or just for drinking on its own would always be Dutch Lady 0% Fat Drinking Yoghurt. It's the healthiest and has the lowest calories of all! Trust me, I've compared it with other brands in the supermarket ages ago when I first started my weight loss program. Every 100g of the drink has only about 39-40 kcal. Definitely the best choice for you health-conscious babes! That's why I'd always recommend it to my Herbalife customers.


The best thing about Dutch Lady 0% Fat Drinking Yoghurt is that, it comes in 5 yummylicious dual fruit combinations which are Strawberry Raspberry, Peach Passion, Lemon Lime, Orange Mango and Apple Aloe Vera. I could just mix Herbalife shake with 1 of the yoghurt drink flavours, or if I'm feeling a little bit on the creative side, I would mix at least 2 flavours together - like Peach Passion and Orange Mango to create a whole new flavored shake without a hassle.



Anyways, I was at Cold Storage the other day, wanting to stock up on my yoghurt drink supply as usual, but somehow I couldn't find it. I thought they were out of stock or something. I nearly walked away empty-handed when my eyes captured something I have never seen before. It's a new brand of yoghurt drink - or so I thought. The packaging is nice and simple, and I was attracted to it. So I had a closer look... and guess what? It's the new Dutch Lady yoghurt drink!




Dutch Lady has replaced the previous 0% Fat Drinking Yoghurt and is now called Shine 0% Fat Drinking Yoghurt! I should have recognized it by its unique bottle shape (which somehow looks like a woman's slim figure, don't you think?). That's another thing I like about Shine drinking yoghurt. The slightly curvy part in the middle makes it easier to hold and grab. (I suppose that is why most guys love to place their hands around a woman's waist, eyh? ;p)


Just like the previous one, the new Shine 0% Fat Drinking Yoghurt has the same dual flavours, and is available in 220g and 750g sizes. The 220g bottle is cute enough to stash in my bag for a healthy on-the-go snack when I'm out and about, especially now that I'm pregnant (I'm hungry all the time, and a snack that's high in calcium and protein is just what every pregnant women needs!). My favourite flavours of all have always been the Peach Passion, Strawberry Raspberry and Orange Mango.


Anyway, there were only 3 flavours available at Cold Storage, so I bought all 3.




I thought the new Shine 0% Fat Drinking Yoghurt is only new by its look and packaging, but no. It's actually an improved version of the previous one as it is now added with Green Tea extract - no kidding. I mean, I never thought Green Tea and yoghurt drink could ever go together! I wondered how it would taste like and couldn't wait until I reached home, so I drank it right away after paying for them. Surprisingly (and thankfully), there's no weird taste of Green Tea in it. You won't even notice if it has Green Tea or not. It tastes exactly as yummy as before!


You see, Green tea has a lot of health benefits which includes lowering the total cholesterol in your body, a great antioxidant, and can increase the body's basal metabolic rate which helps you to stay in shape. And now it's being added in this yummy yoghurt drink? Things just couldn't get any better!


Besides the fact that this yoghurt drink is tasty, it also contains 0% fat, less in sugar, lowest in calories and it helps to maintain your metabolism rate (thanks to the Green Tea)! So, of course incorporating Shine 0% Fat Drinking Yoghurt as a part of your daily diet is really a good choice - especially if you're on diet. Don't you just love it when something taste so good is also good for your health? You can drink it without feeling guilty! It totally understands my needs and wants as a woman, and that's what I love about this drink!

Labels: ,

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 11:02 AM |





l@dyIZ704