Monday, September 15, 2008

Property and Stock Investor Seminar

My husband has an interest in property/real estate/stock market investments thingy (which I never quite fully understand what they are all about - I used to think real estate is something related to rubber plantation bcoz of the word 'estate'!), so when he heard of a seminar being held at an affordable price, he jumped at the opportunity right away... and asked me to come too. It's a 3-hour seminar at Armada Hotel by Milan Doshi, about "How You Can Be A Multi-Millionaire Property and Stock Investor".


I was hesitant at first. If it's about, say "How You Can Make Money Online and Become a Millionaire" sort of thing, then I'm in. But stock market? That's not something I'm interested in. I once belek-belek his books about stocks and option trading and whatnot, wondering if it's as interesting as self-help books, but as soon as I saw graphs and charts, I quickly put the books down. I never like maths subject, and graphs are always related to maths, no? But I remembered in one of the self-help books that I've read about husband and wife should involve together in anything that's related to their future so that both understand and know where the other person is heading. So I thought, okay... Plus, I don't need to pay for the seminar!




While I spent half of the session (the stock market session) doodling and rubbing out my notepad with the new pen I bought from Kinokuniya the other day (it's a pink gel ink pen and it comes with an eraser. How cool is that?), the property session was quite interesting. An eye-opener, I should say. And something Milan Doshi said makes so much sense:


"Cheap things are no good. Good things are no cheap."


I totally agree! In other words, you get what you paid for. And I can totally relate it to simple things like... shoes.


It's better to have only 3 pairs of good shoes that will last a long time even if it costs more, rather than having 20 pairs of cheap bargain shoes that would worn out by the third time you wear 'em.


I hope my husband understands my needs to get another LV bag ;p

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 12:06 AM |





l@dyIZ704