Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kuih Cara

When it comes to Malay cuisine, I love masakan kampung more than the desserts. I'm not really a fan of kuih-kuih Melayu, but there are a handful that I like.


One of them is Kuih Cara - my mom's Kuih Cara, to be exact.
I love it especially when it's still warm and soft. The warm melting sugar inside is simply divine!


Anyway, I helped my mom to make Kuih Cara for buka puasa today (if you count arranging the kuih on a plate as helping).


Here's how to make it:


Ingredients: Brown sugar, batter (mixture of flour, egg, pandan, coconut milk, salt), coconut oil for greasing.


Spoon batter into a preheated greased mould.


Put 1 teaspoon of brown sugar in the center.


Spoon another layer of batter, and cover the mould.


Once cooked, place them on a plate.


And that's it!


Pretty easy, huh?

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 8:11 PM |





l@dyIZ704