Friday, August 01, 2008

Sleepless Night

During the 1st trimester, I went to bed early. On average, at 10pm.


Now I have a hard time sleeping - at night. I'm not talking 15 minutes or so; I'm talking hoursss. Sometimes up to 4 hours! My eyes refuse to shut before 4am, no matter how sleepy and tired I am. There was even a time when I only get to sleep after Subuh (actually it was about 3 times). It's not bcoz of the little one kicking. And I don't think it's insomnia. I just... think a lot.




I would lie in bed thinking about... well, all sorts of thing. Like what should we name our baby, or the food that I'm craving for, or should I buy that pretty pink GUESS peep-toe, or how I miss eating sushi, yada-yada-yada... You get the picture. Sometimes my mind even sings! That's the toughest part to deal with bcoz most of the songs that my mind loves to sing are the songs that I hate. And it keeps on repeating over and over again, even when I tried to stop. It gets really annoying. And when it's about 2 hours later, I think to myself, "Why am I still not sleeping", and later commands, "Come on, go to sleep NOW!".


But I'm still not sleeping. Not at least for another hour or so.


How do I tell my mind to shut up?

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 6:25 PM |





l@dyIZ704