Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My First LBD

I bought my very first Little Black Dresses, and I don't care if I can't wear them!


Oh no, I don't mean that...


I mean, this!



I managed to catch the Times Bookstores Book Fair at Pavilion last Sunday, so I decided to pick up something light and entertaining bcoz all this while I have my nose stuck in pregnancy books (not that it's no fun; it is, but sometimes I feel like I'm studying Biology all over again).


I wasn't really keen on LBD books before (I'm not sure why tho) but since there were not so many choices of Chick Lit books, I decided to give it a try. Plus, TPC members can get 20% discount on all books. So after skimming all the titles, I finally chose Falling Out Of Fashion and She'll Take It. I have a feeling that the latter one would be more interesting.


I'm just curious tho, what makes you decide to purchase or read a book? Besides books that are being recommended or best-sellers.


As for me, I would first skim the titles, then the illustrations on the book cover (or vice-versa). Then I read the very first paragraph of the first chapter. This is most important to me, and the whole buy/read decision is based on that bcoz it's a way to tell if I can click with the book. Synopsis doesn't help that much.


But let's see if those apply to the two books as well.

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 1:52 AM |





l@dyIZ704