Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Buncit vs. Pregnant

My little one refused to show its "toot-toot" during the last ultrasound. Its position yg sedang menonggeng makes it hard for the doc to determine its sex. Dia menonggeng, sambil gerak2 kepala, as if saying "No mommy, I'm not gonna let you see it yet!".



Haih... takpe laa. It's still quite early.



Anyways, there's a good news and a bad news.


The good news is, my uterus is now at the same level as my navel (the doc checked it by pressing my abdomen to "feel" it). Which explains why my lower tummy looks kinda buncit! All this while I thought it was just fat bcoz I eat a LOT. And I whined about it like 8 times a day. My sweet hubby keeps on telling me that I'm not fat, I'm just pregnant. I refused to believe that bcoz... okay, I know I'm pregnant. But I have always thought that the baby is still very teeny and at only 4+ months, it's not supposed to make any difference to my appearance just yet, especially my tummy. Well, I guess I was wrong. That buncit-ness is actually my little one + the placenta + amniotic fluid + uterus + whatever "equipments" that's got to do with pregnancy. So I'm actually quite relieved.


However, the bad news is... I can't fit in my size 25 Levi's jeans anymore. In fact, most of my pants/jeans too. It got stuck at my waist - it just won't zip. And I personally think that of all the stages in pregnancy, now is the most challenging stage in terms of finding what to wear. You look more buncit and plumper than you're pregnant. So it's really hard to find clothes, especially pants/jeans that fits perfectly (please don't suggest maternity clothes just yet). Currently I'm able to wear size 27 jeans and it fits my butt and thighs nicely, but not my waist. I wish the waist is an inch or two bigger. If I button it up, it'll be a bit tight and uncomfy. If I go 1 size bigger, which is size 28, it'll be too loose, even at the waist. Not fab.


But anyway, I managed to overcome that stuck-at-waist problem with the help of this genius invention! It's Bellybelt Combo Kit for pregnant women who still wanna wear their regular clothes, which I got from Mothercare for RM89.



The kit includes 2 sizes of bellybelt button-up, 2 sizes of bellybelt slide (I wear this mostly with my kain baju kurung) and 3 colored panels to cover the gap. You don't need the panels if you're wearing the short bellybelts tho.


It's cool, isn't it? I can still wear my old pants/jeans! Woohoo!


As for tops... well, I don't have much problems with that. I can still wear most of my clothes, except those with buttons at the front. I can only button the first one. I don't think I need to tell you why ;p

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 6:09 PM |





l@dyIZ704