Monday, July 28, 2008
Some of you say, it might be a girl. Some say it's a boy. Here's some clearer info that might just help with the prediction:
1) During the 1st trimester, I craved for spicy food. Like reaaally spicy - cili padi spicy.
2) Now in my 2nd trimester, most of my cravings are of seafood - shrimps, crabs and scallops especially.
3) I love lemonade/lime juice. And watermelon juice.
4) I'm starting to have lotsss of pimples on my face. It's the worst ever! I look (and feel) horrible.
5) Currently, my favorite ice-cream flavor is Strawberry. Before pregnant it was Chocolate.
6) I love veggies!
7) I love chicken too. I used to be a fussy chicken-eater (breasts only), tapi skarang semua saya tibai! Kulit, lemak, etc etc. Especially if it's fried chicken.
8) I don't like burgers.
9) I don't really crave for chocolates. The only chocolate I crave for is the M&S Digestive Biscuits.
10) I don't have mood swings. Not even during the early days.
11) I'm so lazy to dress up, do my make-up and even shampoo my hair. Semua dilakukan secara paksa-rela.
12) I had morning sickness during early pregnancy (at week 8 until about week 14), but it wasn't really severe.
13) Now I don't have morning sickness anymore, but I have headaches (pounding head, more like). Like every day, especially masa baru bangun tido.
I think that's about it. I know predicting baby's sex by food cravings and whatnot might be an old wives' tale, but who knows.
Should I just get the color that I like (pink, of course)? After all, I am the one who's gonna wear the bag; not the baby!
What do you think?
14) I love eggs!
Anyway, I found some articles on how to predict the sex of your baby on iVillage.com! Let's see.. (this is gonna be a loooooong entry!)
It's a boy if:
- You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy. (no, I did)
- Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute. (not sure)
- You are carrying the extra weight out front. (no)
- Your belly looks like a basketball. (not sure. What do u think?)
- Your areolas have darkened considerably. (hmm...not that much)
- You are carrying low (not sure)
- You are craving salty or sour foods. (umm... I guess)
- You are craving protein
--meats and cheese. (yes. But not beef/lamb)
- Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy. (not sure coz I wear slippers)
- The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy. (no)
- Your hands are very dry. (they're normal)
- Your pillow faces north when you sleep. (I don't know)
- Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you. (he kind of look the same to me)
- Pregnancy has you looking better than ever. (hell no!)
- Your urine is bright yellow in color. (it's yellow-er than usual, but I'm not sure if it's bright or dull)
- Your nose is spreading. (no)
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles. (haven't tried that)
- You are having headaches. (yes)
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number. (yes)
It's a girl if:
- You had morning
sicknessearly in pregnancy. (not severe, but yes)
- Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute. (not sure)
- You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear (not really, I think. Or maybe not yet?)
- Your left breast is larger than your right breast (yes)
- Your hair develops red highlights (no)
- You are carrying high (don't know)
- Your belly looks like a watermelon (don't know)
- You are craving sweets (sometimes, especially in the 2nd trimester)
- You are craving fruit (not really the fruit itself. But juices and fruity-flavored ice-creams. Does that count?)
- You crave orange juice (sometimes. But I crave watermelon and lime juice more)
- You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy (YES!)
- You are moodier than usual during pregnancy (no)
- Your face breaks out more than usual (YESSSS!)
- You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread (yes)
- Your breasts have really blossomed! (yes, and I like that ;p)
- Your pillow faces south when you sleep (not sure. What does it means south? East/West more like)
- Your urine is a dull yellow color (again, not sure about the brightness of my urine)
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side (haven't tried that)
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number (no)
And here's a Chinese Gender Chart. I don't know how accurate it is, but it doesn't hurt to try, does it?
Simply find the age of the mother at the time of conception on the chart below and then follow across to the month the baby was conceived to find the predicted gender. Although this chart is said to have a success rate of over 90 percent, keep in mind that this is solely for entertainment purposes. Enjoy!
IF according to that chart, I'm having a baby GIRL (age 25, conception in March)!
A friend of mine is also pregnant (she's about a week earlier than me). She had her ultrasound scan and her doc said she's having a boy. The chart also tells she's having a boy.
Can you mommies tell me whether the chart bole dipercayai ke tak? I mean, just according to the age you conceived and in what month (not according to ultrasound scan results). You have your babies already...
My decision of getting that pink diaper bag will be based on the accuracy of the chart! ;)