Friday, June 27, 2008

Elemis Oil

I had a freaky dream last night.


I gave birth to a baby boy and it wasn't painful at all bcoz I was sleeping during the whole baby-coming-out process. In my dream, I thought I was dreaming. I didn't realize that I've given birth until my hubby told me. I peeked under the duvet to check my belly (sure enough, there was no bump) and there wasn't a single stretch mark, so I was happy...


...until I got changed. I nearly fainted when I saw the cheetah-printed stretch marks in a rainbow shape at the upper back of my body. It looks something like this, except it's white-ish instead of black:
It was freaking hideous and the ugliest stretch mark I've ever seen! I was so shocked that it woke me up from my sleep and I'm glad it was just a dream. I don't know the ending of my dream - heck, I don't even want to know! I've had a few vivid, weird and freaky dreams ever since I got pregnant, but this is by far the freakiest! *shudders*


Then I realized I didn't massage my body with oil before going to bed last night, bcoz I was so jaded that I couldn't even lift an arm (I went for cooking classes since last week. Yesterday was the last day - thank God!), and I couldn't ask hubby for help bcoz he was asleep. Maybe that's why I had that dream. I am never ever going to bed without massaging my body with oil ever again!



Well, speaking of massage oil, I am currently using Elemis Japanese Camellia Oil, which was recommended by Victoria Beckham in her fab book, That Extra Half an Inch; but hers was a green bottle, like this. Mine is maroon.




It's a moisturizing oil that's rich in plant collagen so it helps to reduce and prevent stretch marks and also improve skin elasticity. Most importantly, it's suitable for pregnant women. I'm okay with the scent; it reminds me of spas (although my little sis thinks it smells like oil oil).


I've been using it for about a week now (especially for my tummy and boobs, since those two are "growing"), and I'm seeing difference. Not in terms of stretch marks tho bcoz so far I have none on those areas, but in terms of moisturizing. Before this, the skin around my tummy is dry and flaky as a result of too much Kwan Loong ointment sbb saya selalu pedih perut, and I've been using L'Occitane Supple Skin Oil for nearly a month (I prefer oils to creams or lotions bcoz I find it easier to massage, absorbs faster and non-sticky), but my skin condition was still the same. It's a "dry oil" so I guess that doesn't really help in moisturizing (but the scent is nice tho). That's why I switched to Elemis oil, and now my tummy is not dry and flaky anymore :)


Let's hope it works for stretch marks too.

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 12:30 PM |





l@dyIZ704