Thursday, June 12, 2008

The BIG News

I have a big news to tell you - and this big news comes with a big bump!


Yes people, yours truly is pregnant.
I AM PREGNANT! :)


I have my own reasons why I didn't announce it right after I found out I was pregnant. I wasn't trying to hide anything. There's no way you can keep pregnancy a secret bcoz soon enough, your growing tummy will reveal it for you, so of course I will tell you the news eventually - it's just a matter of time. I just wanted to wait for the right time to announce it, that is, after the high-risk period is over. It's so tempting but I wanted to make sure that my pregnancy is stable before spreading the news. Which is why I'm doing it now. Alhamdulillah, I am now entering the second trimester and I have to say that I'm glaaad and relieved that my first trimester is finally over! I did (and still do) get pregnancy sickness starting week 8 until now (I won't call it morning sickness tho, bcoz I'm at the "healthiest" state when I wake up in the morning) but it's not severe. I can't wait for the queasiness to totally ease up, which hopefully would be in about a week or so.


The news shocked the two of us bcoz we weren't really expecting to have a baby straight away. We were planning to get pregnant like, end of this year, tapi kita hanya merancang, Allah yang menentukan. Alhamdulillah, rezeki datang awal. It's an unplanned but surely a welcome pregnancy!


Anyway... remember our birthday dinner at KL Tower? Remember I mentioned "our little secret"? Well, this is it! I found out I was pregnant 2 days before our birthday dinner so I planned to break the news to my husband at that time. Perfect timing, ey? The baby would be our birthday present (although I'm not sure who gave to whom actually ;p). I had to keep my mouth shut and God knows how tempting it was! Imagine keeping your pregnancy from your husband?! That was the longest 2 days of my life. But I did a great job bcoz hubby didn't suspect anything - not even the late period, my sudden increase in appetite, abdominal cramps, nor the sore and sensitive breasts. I guess he just thinks I'm being whiney as usual ;p


I decided to surprise him so I made him a card, handmade by me and put the pregnancy test kits inside a small box. I also bought a book about pregnancy for dads-to-be, entitled The Expectant Father (buying this book was another challenge bcoz he was in the bookstore too, but thank God LV Speedy 30 is spacious enough that I could make a purchase without a trace!)




I waited anxiously until it was time for our desserts - I took out the card and presents, and said "I have a little something for you". He opened the card first and as he finished reading it, he nearly shouted, "Hah? Betul ker??". I told him to open the box and when he did, he nearly jumped off his seat. He was grinning, and shocked, and kept on repeating "Oh my God, oh my God" sambil pegang perut dia as if he was the one who is pregnant! His expression was priceless. I think that was the sweetest surprise I have ever done to anyone :)
And then later he asked me whether it's a boy or a girl. I was only 6 weeks pregnant at that time laa! Hehe.





Anyway, as of today, I am 13 weeks and 1 day pregnant. My little one is showing positive progress, and the doc said I have one active baby! No wonder I get hungry every 1-2 hours! ;p Dia asik pusing2 masa doc nak ukur panjang dia during the ultrasound scan. Apparently, my little one is about 6.5 cm and that's just about the size of my palm. How cute!


I still can't believe I'm pregnant - that I'm going to be a mommy. Rasa macam baru jer kawin hari tu... It's so surreal.

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 1:12 AM |





l@dyIZ704