Sunday, December 16, 2007

"Jet-lagged"

It's 6ish in the morning and I'm still wide awake. Well, that's no surprise as this is the time where I would sit at my desk doing the things I would be doing at work. My parents were off to Japan last night (well it could be considered as today, as their flight was at 12 midnight) so my sister and her hubby are staying here until my parents get back *yay* and I'm yay-ing bcoz it means I get to mengadap Hariz for the rest of the week *yay again*.


Anyway, MZ and I have been on night shift (10pm-7am) for 2 weeks now, and starting next week our shifts will start at 5.45 in the morning until 3pm. Which means, next Monday is an off-day for us bcoz we're only gonna start our shift at 5.45am, and that would be on Tuesday morning (but in American time, it would be Monday). My off-days are not on weekends anymore; it's gonna be on Wednesday and Thursday, which, in Malaysian time, would be Thursday and Friday. MZ on the other hand, has off-days on Saturday and Sunday, which means Sunday and Monday Malaysian time. Sounds confusing? Well, we're more confused. Sometimes we lost track what day is it, and like now, if I'm not looking at the calender I would have thought it's Saturday morning. I feel like I'm living in a different time zone with a different time system or something. Wait till you hear my daily meal routine...


But it's not a bad thing, it's just... a new experience. And to be honest, I find this new experience rather exciting. I mean, I love changes bcoz I'm the type of person who gets bored easily doing the same thing or having the same routine or whatsoever (which explains the need to update my wardrobe every so often, and letting go the stuff that "I'm done with" ;p). But then when I discovered something that I really love (like a favorite food or a bag or something), I don't mind having/wearing it all the time. Okay, now I'm babbling.


I was hoping to be on the night shift for a little longer - in fact, I wish I work only at night. I tell you why. It's bcoz:


- parking is free, so we saved RM25 a week
- there's no traffic jam pergi dan balik, which means lesser money spent on petrol
- we don't have to spend money for "lunch" as we brought our bekal from home bcoz our "lunch" is at 2am, so malas nak kuar mlm2 buta; we saved about Rm20 there
- we get to wear casual clothes (read: jeans!)
- and most importantly, we get allowances! :D


And to top that up, since working on night shift I have actually lose some weight. My waist is 0.5" smaller (I do not wish to lose anymore, except maybe my lower tummy part), and most importantly, my love handle has also shrunken to 0.5" smaller! You know why? Coz I only have 2 meals a day. My breakfast would be around 8pm where I would have my usual Herbalife shake (I woke up at around 6pm btw), and my lunch would be at 2am, and that's it (notice the Pm and Am). By the time I reached home, which is around 8am, I was too sleepy to have my dinner so I hit the pillow straight away. I'm not sure if that's a healthy routine, but then it's not good to have your meal right before you go to sleep, right? And it's not like I starved myself. Tido lagi sedap dari makan kot.. huhu. I haven't weigh myself tho, but if I do lose any kg/fat %, I will let you know.


Okay, I'd better hit the sack. I'm going shopping with my sisters later in the afternoon and it's sunrise already!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 7:05 AM |





l@dyIZ704