Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Excited!

Dear anybody (especially those who are on diet),


Have you ever wished there's a snack that you could eat in between your meal, that's sinful enough, say like a bar of chocolate that could satisfy yourself instead of the same plain crackers you forced yourself to eat, but at the same time it's healthy, makes you feel full, and could actually help you to lose weight?


Well, I have a great news for you: There is such thing as that!


The long-awaited Herbalife Chocolate Peanut protein bar is finally available here in Malaysia! Ever since last year, MZ and I had been hoping that one of Herbalife chocolate protein bars would be available here, so you could imagine how excited we were when we heard the news yesterday (we're both choc-lover btw). I'm not really into the Lemon protein bars tho, bcoz I'm not too fond of lemon flavored sweet-stuff, except for ice lemon tea.




This protein bar is covered with rich milk chocolate, and the inside is chewy with bits of peanuts and if I'm not mistaken, there's nougat as well (although it does not state there's nougat in it, but it sure looks and tastes like one!). The best part is, one bar has only 139 calories, which is half of the calories contain in a Snickers bar, and less than 1/3 calories in a Mars bar. Why am I comparing it with these 2 chocolates? BCOZ the taste reminds me of them - no kidding!


ANd also, this yummy protein bar contains Vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Calcium, and it's high in protein (well, obviously!). Pardon my excitement, as it's not a common thing to get health benefits from eating something so delectable; at least to me it's not. Imagine eating a J.Co Donut and you get all those nutrients and vitamins instead of piling up the fat in your body. Mesti la syiokk kan! In case you don't know, protein is essential for weight loss bcoz it builds lean muscle so that you could burn more calories, and this protein bar helps to build and maintain lean muscle in your body, bcoz it's high in protein. Fabulous!


Now I don't have to feel guilty anymore whenever I have a sudden craving for chocolates (especially during PMS), bcoz I have a healthier substitute. Yummy and healthy, me likey! Well if you're interested to get one, just leave your email and I will give the details to you.


Btw, I hope Herbalife's other chocolate-flavored protein bars - Chocolate Fudge and Chocolate Coconut (I bet this one tastes like Bounty Choc, which is my favorite!) - would be available soon too!



Speaking of Herbalife, let me share with you my weight loss progress. Remember in my previous entry I said that I've lost some weight, and that I have lost 0.5" on my waist? Well, tiny mistake there. I actually lost 0.5" on my butt, not my waist; which is even greater! My waist is still 24", which I'm currently pleased with and I do not wish to lose anymore now.


I did my own body analysis yesterday, and I am currently weighing at 45.3 kg (well, I guess if minus the tudung, pants, cardy + sleeveless, brooch, watch and the rings that I was wearing, I would be 45kg. hehee). My body fat percentage has decreased for about 2% which is just so great, my body system is 1 year younger than before, and surprisingly, my metabolic rate has increased! Eventho it's not that much, but it's increasing - which is a good sign. Must be the Tea Mix, bcoz ever since working on a shift yg tak tentu masa, I sleep more than I always do which means logically, my metabolic rate should be decreasing since less activity is being done to burn my calories. But instead it went the other way round!


Anyway, here's some of my body analysis info that I've recorded since July this year. I didn't measure that often tho, but you could definitely see the progress:


Photobucket



I tell ya what all of that numbers mean... I'm not an expert tho, I just attend trainings and read books, so do correct me if any of these infos in italic font are not exactly right (the rest I got from the brochure of the body analysis scale).


Body fat % for women of the age 20-24:
Excellent= 18.2, Healthy= 22.1, Medium= 25.0, Obese= >29.6

(Fyi, body fat % is much more important than your weight bcoz it determines whether the amount of fat in your body is healthy or not. You may be in ideal weight, but your body fat % does not necessarily be in the healthy-excellent range. Sometimes a person in ideal weight may be obese in terms of fat %, so it's not the kilos that you should really watch out, it's the body fat %. This is bcoz your weight (KG) comprises of not only fat, but also muscles, water, bone, etc. Which is why it's important to follow a healthy weight loss program bcoz you don't wanna lose water and muscles instead!)


Muscle Mass:
For every extra KG of muscles gained, the body uses approximately 100 extra calories a day. Because muscle is denser than fat, monitoring your muscle mass gives you a more accurate understanding of your overall body compositions and changes in your total body weight.

(Basically, this means the more muscle mass you gained, the more calories you can burn. How can you gain muscles, you may ask? It's protein that does the work! You should also monitor your calorie intake accordingly.)


Basal Metabolic Age (BMA):
Basal Metabolic Rate starts to decrease after the age 16/17 years old. Your Metabolic Age Rating indicates what age level your body is currently rated at. If the age indicated is higher than your actual age, then you need to improve your basal Metabolic Rate. Increasing exercise levels will build healthier muscle tissue which burn more calories, consequently improving your Metabolic Age Rating.

(The BMA means that your body is functioning at the specific age as indicated. So let say if u're 25 but your BMA is 40, it means your body is functioning like a 40-year-old, which is not good at all. Well, I don't exercise at all so I suppose the "young" Basal Metabolic Age that I have right now is as a result of consuming Herbalife shakes and tea as it burns calories and build muscles and whatnot. You could see that as months went by, my body system is improving which is why I'm getting "younger" bcoz of the consistency of my shake intake. After all, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT! Just so you know, when I first started doing this body analysis, my BMA was 25 and that was AFTER I started Herbalife for about 2-3 months, which was around end of last year. I suppose I was way older than 25 before getting on Herbalife products!)


Visceral Fat:
Visceral fat is fat that surrounds the vital organs in the trunk/stomach area of the body. High visceral fat level increase the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Lowering your visceral fat levels can stabilized insulin action substantially, reducing your risk of diabetes and other related illnesses.

Excellent: 1-4
Healthy: 5-8
Bad: 9-12
Alarming: over 13

(I am SO excellent! hikhik ;p)


I could say that I'm very pleased with my overall weight loss and health improvement so far, and if you ask me whether I want to lose more.. Well, maybe just the body fat % and BMA (if I'm not mistaken, 16 is the youngest and bestest BMA).
So whoever says Herbalife does not work must either not know how the body works to lose weight or just merely saying it. If you don't get the result, don't blame the product - blame yourself. I know it may sound unpleasant, but c'mon... If I and another 60 million people from around the world can get the result, then why can't you, right? ;)


Btw, Slamat Hari Raya AidilAdha everyone!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 9:08 PM |





l@dyIZ704