Saturday, April 28, 2007

Japanese food

If there’s one word I would use to describe Japanese cuisine, it would be peculiar. Everything - from the food itself to the eating etiquette - is very peculiar and although Japanese isn't one of my favorite food in the world, I find the whole eating experience very fascinating.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I have only been to Japanese restaurants for about 5 times or so sepanjang hayat saya (the recent one was yesterday at SJ), so it's not really surprising when everytime the food is served, I would go "okay, how do I eat this thing" bcoz seriously I don't know. Like the California roll for example. What is the right way to eat that thing - makan dari atas ke bawah, or dari bawah cone tu ke atas, or even- using fork and knife? (oh and why is it called California roll anyway? Knape bukan Hiroshima roll ker, Osaka roll ker kan).


Another thing, I didn't know that you're not supposed to eat soup using a spoon; you should lift the bowl to your mouth instead. Banyak lagi pantang larang yg haku main langgar jer. Makan tempura guna tangan sbb senang nak cicah2, and pouring soy sauce + wasabi from the dipping bowl onto my rice (sbb soup dia tasteless).


Anyway, I love salmon and salmon and tempura and err, salmon and California rolls and salmon and hmmm... salmon. I still don't have the guts to stuff myself with unagi and baby octopus tho, bcoz I'm afraid of throwing up. I would rather have the green tea ice-cream, however pelik it tastes.

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 1:36 AM |





l@dyIZ704